Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Summer Acting Program - Andrel McPherson - Maggie Flanigan Studio 02


Summer Acting Program - Andrel McPherson - Maggie Flanigan Studio 02 The New York summer acting program at the Maggie Flanigan Studio includes the Six-Week Meisner Summer Intensive. The acting intensive is based on the training that Sanford Meisner created to teach professional actors. Here in this video, Andrel McPherson discusses the acting program. Q: What happened throughout the six weeks that changed your perspective on acting and training? A: Charlie going off on me. It was exactly what I needed. Not because I didn't realize, I did not know that it would take that much out of me until someone was just like, "You're giving us a lot of bull, let's not do that anymore." Then there was this moment where I'm like, "Crap, but no, I want this. I want to try." Then you continue to dig deeper and deeper in yourself. That's when you find one little nugget of something, and it's like, "Okay. I see it now. I see what he was talking about." A lot of those good moments. Q: What did you learn about yourself, that was a surprise or that changed you? A: How willing I am to be open? I wasn't expecting myself to allow so much of someone else to come into me just because that's not how the world works. We're huge on trying to protect everything that we have. To know that I have it in me to pay attention and to experience what someone else is feeling and giving me was honestly just-- It's so exciting. Learn more about the New York Acting Program at the Maggie Flanigan studio by visiting the acting program and acting classes page on the studio website. Actors who are interested in the programs at the studio should apply online and call the studio with questions by calling (917) 789-1599. Maggie Flanigan Studio 153 W 27th St #803 New York, New York 10001 +1 917-789-1599 www.maggieflaniganstudio.com/ goo.gl/maps/oxqqExybwL32 plus.google.com/112291205845820496849 https://flic.kr/p/Rz41Wk

No comments:

Post a Comment