Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Summer Acting Program - Andrel McPherson - Maggie Flanigan Studio 03


Summer Acting Program - Andrel McPherson - Maggie Flanigan Studio 03 The New York summer acting program at the Maggie Flanigan Studio includes the Six-Week Meisner Summer Intensive. The acting intensive is based on the training that Sanford Meisner created to teach professional actors. Here in this video, Andrel McPherson discusses the acting program. Q: I know you haven't studied the Meisner technique before but now that you've just trained for the past six weeks, what do you think is the thing that you've learned that will resonate with you the most? A: Process, really and truly, knowing that there has to be one and there's just no way around it because everything else in life has a process. I don't know why I thought that I couldn't be any different. I'm so mad about myself. I've wasted so much time, but it's okay. Q: A lot of people do have that misconception about being an actor. A: Exactly. Yes, the process would be it for me. It's so exciting to know that there is one and it's working for me. It's not just something I made up on my own. It's like there is tradition behind it. There's the reasoning behind it. There's an explanation for everything as to why you should do it and why you shouldn't. It's literally like you're given a map to go out and have fun. Q: You're also a writer. How has what you've learned throughout these six weeks helped you as a writer and not just an actor? A: I don't write about what I don't care about anymore if that makes sense. It's straightforward to get caught up in writing what you think you should be writing about. If anything, I learned in Meisner that what I think I care about and what I care about are two completely different things. It's been nice to see myself be a lot rawer and honest with what I'm writing and not being so afraid to put it on the page and being comfortable with all ugly sides of myself, all pretty sides, just like every form that there is in me. Learn more about the New York Acting Program at the Maggie Flanigan studio by visiting the acting program and acting classes page on the studio website. Actors who are interested in the programs at the studio should apply online and call the studio with questions by calling (917) 789-1599. Maggie Flanigan Studio 153 W 27th St #803 New York, New York 10001 +1 917-789-1599 www.maggieflaniganstudio.com/ goo.gl/maps/oxqqExybwL32 plus.google.com/112291205845820496849 https://flic.kr/p/Rz41VD

No comments:

Post a Comment