Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Liked on YouTube: Meisner Fall Intensive - Meisner Intensive Interview with Ben Stone - (917) 789-9077

Meisner Fall Intensive - Meisner Intensive Interview with Ben Stone - (917) 789-9077
Meisner Fall Intensive Ben Stone https://ift.tt/1f8nOu4 Best Meisner Intensive - Maggie Flanigan Studio Call 917-789-1599 : Ben, what did you think it meant to train as an actor before you started the six-week intensive at Maggie Flanigan Studio? A: Frankly, I didn't know so much. It seemed like to be an actor you needed to read a lot of plays and take as many classes as you can, but this has given a high level of specificity to the training, it seems more like training. I played football, so I tried to bring the work ethic of a football player to this, and now it has directions, so it's a lot easier to work hard. It's not just this weird abstract idea of good and evil. Q: Now that you're finishing the Meisner intensive what do you think it means to train as an actor? A: Now it means you have to have such a great, a deep understanding of yourself. It's not just ideas about society and beliefs about people; it's you-- It's bringing what you wanted about yourself into scenes and into everything you do and be more aware of how you feel about things. Not just physically feel but emotionally feel and being in touch with those emotions, and it is okay to be in contact with those emotions. Q: What happened to you over the six-week intensive specifically that changed your perspective? A: It was one day when we moved on to the independent activity, and I just flipped out, just totally freaked out. I'm a big guy for most of my life trying not to freak out because I am a big scary guy and it's not societally acceptable. That was like a light bulb moment it's like, "That's what Charlie, he's got to be alive in that," yes, that was the aha moment. Before with just the repetition, it's like I couldn't figure it out really, but then the light bulb went off, and my work felt a lot better. Q: What did you learn about yourself over the past six weeks that was a surprise? A: I have a lot more pent of aggression than I thought. I am a lot more intolerant of little things people do than I thought, things that annoy me, things that I don't think are acceptable for other people to do. I've become a lot more aware of that instead of just suppressing it because you can't just pick apart everybody, nobody wants to be around you. Just being more aware of it has helped me be more observant; which has been tremendous. Q: You mentioned previously you studied at some other studios or another studio, how has your experience at Maggie Flanigan Studio been different from the other studios you've studied at? Meisner Fall Intensive - Meisner Intensive Interview with Ben Stone - (917) 789-1599 #meisneractingprogram #meisnertechnique #actingprogramsnewyork #maggieflaniganstudio Maggie Flanigan Studio 153 W 27th St #803 New York, New York 10001 +1 917-789-1599 https://ift.tt/1f8nOu4 https://goo.gl/maps/oxqqExybwL32 https://ift.tt/2qlQMVh
via YouTube https://youtu.be/Okqe87ClJt0

No comments:

Post a Comment